Gain Clarity and Grounding in Less than a Minute
I’ve been sharing this amazing breath technique with all of my voice students over the last two weeks and didn’t want to forget to share it with my readers as well.
While this powerful tool is relatively new to me (I was reminded of it at the Upside Summit conference I attended in Phoenix late January) it’s been around for centuries. My voice students have each commented on what a game-changer it is.
Alternate Nostril Breathing (NADI SHODHANA), from the book Breath by James Nestor: https://www.mrjamesnestor.com/
This standard pranayama technique improves lung function and lowers heart rate, blood pressure, and sympathetic stress. It’s an effective technique to employ before a meeting, an event, or sleep.
- (Optional) Hand Positioning: Place the thumb of your right hand gently over your right nostril and the ring finger of that same hand on the left nostril. The forefinger and middle finger should rest between the eyebrows.
- Close the right nostril with the thumb and inhale through the left nostril very slowly.
- At the top of the breath, pause briefly, holding both nostrils closed, then lift just the thumb to exhale through the right nostril.
- At the natural conclusion of the exhale, hold both nostrils closed for a moment, then inhale through the right nostril.
- Continue alternating breaths through the nostrils for five to ten cycles.
If you decide to read Nestor’s book, you’ll learn this is just one example of the many downright miracles which can be wrought in people’s lives, simply by us changing the way we breathe.
Celebrating MANY VOICES: One World! Purchase How Abella Found her Voice for $4.95 here: https://laurahandke.com/product/how-abella-found-her-voice-e-book/
Please spread the love and pass this along to a friend!
Love Your Voice & Voice Your Love,